Dec 30, 2011

TOP 5 Television Season Finales 2011



2011 was the year before 2012. Obviously, but what I'm trying to say it seems as though the worlds film and music industries were hard at work creating end of the world-esque movies and songs. For the most part TV stayed away, or at least began late with the whole 2012 fad leaving room for some more than decent writing and acting. I have put together in no specific order the Top 5 TV season finales I got to witness this year. If you have any favorites LEAVE A COMMENT because I'd like to know. Perhaps I haven't seen and would be super-duper-extra-de-duper excited to do so. Enjoy!



A huge fan of HBO series and especially Board Empire. The season started with a bang and literally ended with a bang. For you unaware of the show's premise the show centers around Nucky Thompson (Steve Buscemi), a big player during the prohibition period in Atlantic City. There's plenty of violence and the writers should all win awards after every episode. I can't wait to see how next season will pan out. Check out what happened http://www.nextinshow.com/2011/12/boardwalk-empire-season-finale-goodbye.html


What more can I say except Emmy Rossum is excellent and William H.Macy is just as good. A drunk father never home but always around when you don't need him leaves his kids at home to fair for themselves. Taken care of by their older sister (Rossum) the kids find their ways easily into and out of trouble. Leave room for next season because I sense some real nice screenplay. 


Known to me as a highly popular show among female viewers as much as the men Sons of Anarchy took us for a crazy ride this season. With the introduction of some new cartel members, feds and a new sheriff I have every reason to believe next season is going to be the wildest one yet. After the death or shall I say killings of several players in this game the gang is confused with lies, theft and now boasts a new leader. But for how long? 


By far one of my favorite show's on TV. Weeds also ended with a bang this season, and I don't mean Nancy Botwin up to her promiscuous ways as usual. A sniper appears at the family picnic during this finale and all we are left with is a bang and no guarantee for a Season 8. I hope there is though. Here's what happened. http://www.nextinshow.com/2011/09/weeds-season-7-finale-hit-us-but-who.html 


Another show that ended with a bang. This time it was to save the lives of the unfortunate. There is one more promised season which is said to be the final season. If you haven't seen Breaking Bad it follows a now retired school chemistry teacher who started making meth to foot his lung cancer bills, which is why he started cooking to begin with. Now his DEA brother in law has no suspicions it's him however after season 4 there's little room left for error. I LOVE THIS SHOW


HONORABLE MENTIONS


Still in it's infancy the show needs to drastically increase the acting we see. The whole cast should have been replaced before the show started. If it weren't for the make up and story line which barely is there because of the constant nagging and bitching going on the show would suck. Luckily I wanted to see how they could do a zombie story different from anyone else. They haven't really, but at least it's not a movie.


I was put onto this show during a visit to Michigan. I wish for the lead male to be replaced which wont happen. His mouth looks to much like Homer Simpsons mixed with an old monkey snarl. It's just hard to watch a weird face that can't differentiate between pain and pleasure. Claire Danes however has made a supreme come back and I wouldn't doubt she wins an award for her beyond crazy antics and beyond par emotions. I can't wait to see what has happened now that the person I thought would be around awhile is dead. Who will they blame now and what's up with her job?



0 comments:

Post a Comment