Dec 15, 2011

Next In Show x Gilbere Forte #Exclusive #Interview


Fresh off of tour, and busy collaborating with pretty much everyone in the music business, Gilbere Forte doesn't seem like he slowing down anytime soon. His 'Some Dreams Never Sleep EP"album, which released in October, gives you a taste of what you can expect the future of hip hop to sound. A couple months ago. Our close friends and affiliates over at 2WhiteGirlz.com featured the mixtape, and we were immediately in awe. Thanks to @JaimLou and @denigma for making this happen for us. 




Next In Show Presents An Exclusive Interview 
With Gilbere Forte.


Youron Tour now. Is this your first tour? How is it going?

Thetour was amazing! Yes, its my first tour run. I had a great time traveling tocities i never fathom reaching and meeting all my fans. It was madd inspirationalbeing able to talk to them directly and the stories they had about mytunes. 

Howdo you compare your rap to others from Philly?

Ican't compare my raps to anyone. Being from Philly you can either sound likeeveryone in the city or you can be you. I feel like its different for mebecause i was born in Flint, MI so i'll always have my midwest influence. Its alot of talent in philly so its exciting to see the new generation create newflows, styles, and wordplay. 

Isthere anyone from Philadelphia that you would like to work with?

Iwould love to work with The Roots.


Yourmusic sounds original but must come from somewhere. Who do you get musicalinspiration  from?

Alot of my inspirations date back to the midwest ; twista, kanye, and 8ball& MJG. But since birth, i was also raised on artist like Sade, PhilCollins, Hall & Oates, so i get a lot inspiration from them as well. 


Whatis the message in your music?

Tobelieve in thee impossible and dream first, think later. 


Doyou see yourself signing to a Major Label or is Independent the route you willstick with?

Ithink i can win in both avenues. I think where i am in my career right now ismore independent focus. So i'm open for conversation down the line but will seewhat happens.


Youralbum Some Dreams Never Sleep is Presented by TheHundreds. What is yourrelation with the brand?

Igrew up in streetwear and it was a dream to work with a brand like TheHundreds.Its honesty and connection to the culture that they represent, and thats what istand for.  

Whatare the barriers you see in the music industry that you say would cause someoneto not succeed?

Believingin your own HYPE. I'd say its a gift and curse. Youre proud of youraccomplishments, but if gets the most of you to where it affects the music itsa problem. 


Sincebecoming more well known what are some of the negative influences you have tostay away from?

I'ma studio rat, some times i don't like to go out. lol But in this game you haveto be accessible, so as they would say, "I'm OUTCHEA." 


Howis a day in the studio with you?

Hmm..I'd say tons of laughter, a television in the background on mute, me beingbarefoot eating something healthy and great music in the air. 


Whatis your schedule like for 2012?

Iam releasing my Debut Independent Album top of the year.  I have a fewtours set up, I'll be performing at WMC/ULTRA, and SXSW is going to be awesome!haha can't wait. Um, so much fun is on deck. All i can tell you. 


Doyou believe in the theory of 2012 being the end of the world?

Ifyou listen to my entire catalog from start to finish you'll see what i beenprepping you for.

Wheredo you see hip hop in 3 years? How are you a part of it?

HipHopwill forever evolve. I think it's entering the stage of it being fun again. Itsnot about punchlines, or how much coke you got, or how many stacks you have.lol Its going to be on some next level "Kid N Play" shit.  

Iappreciate you taking the time to interview with us. Good luck on tour and inyour career from Next In Show.

Thankyou and good bless you guys for choosing me!

Peace 

87 DREAMS TO REALITY Drops in 2012



0 comments:

Post a Comment