Jan 25, 2012

Nixon Nyce x Next In Show [Exclusive]


Nixon Nyce is a rapper hailing from Boston with a positive message in his music. For his most recent single on iTunes No Pain, he is doing something unconventional than most up and coming artists. He is donating all sales to a charity. National MS Society to help find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis, which he discusses in the interview. Last month he showed up on the famous online gossip blog Media Take Out and is now being tested in this industry. Real recognize real. He will prevail. Take a break from the violence and check out this real interview with Nixon Nyce. #nextinshow



Nixon Nyce x Next In Show Interview

Your from Boston. What music did you listen to growing up?

I grew up listening to a lot of r&b. Bell Biv Devoe, Az Yet, and Soul 4 Real caught my attention early on. My older cousin had Dr. Dre - Chronic album around the house so I'd listen to it whenever he left home. Other then that, Snoop Dogg, Jermaine Dupri, and Ma$e were always being played in my house. 

I know they say that any press is good press. You ended up on Mediatakeout.com (gossip blog) what do you think about that press?

It's really a gift & a curse. It blew my mind that I was on the site with my good friend Lindsay Faulk. The stuff they reported on the site was innacurate but it opened up an opportunity for people to want to know about me.

How did you get involved in music?

I got involved when I was in high school. I wanted to be the next Cash Money & Bad Boy Records CEO. The artists I dealt with back then weren't as serious as I was so I'd create mixtapes and sell them for $5 to anyone and everyone who would buy it. Eventually I signed an indie deal with a local label that didn't work out so we parted ways. My mentor Bryiant Hood kept me on the move since then so it's all been a blessing. 

Who was the first big name artist you opened for?

The first big name I opened for was Maino. It was actually a car show in New York City where Maino, Swizz Beatz, and Yung Berg were performing. 

There are a lot of haters in the world. How do you stay motivated and ignore negativity?

The haters are always going to be on their job. That's what they're there for. I consider all haters as confused fans. There's too much love out here for me to pay any disgruntled individual any attention.

I think Benzino gave Boston a bad name back when he stirred up beef with Interscope. Since then, how do you think the rap/ hip hop scene for the city has changed?

I think it's changing for the positive. People like DJ Hustle Simmons who are on the radio give local artists a chance to be heard. A lot of bigger artists are taking notice of what the scene is becoming and they want to be apart of it. Of course there are still the (big ego I don't fuck with anyone) cliques but, the city is opening itself slowly but surely to new sounds and styles.

You have released numerous mixtapes out. Which is your favorite?

Right now, I don't have a favorite. Each mixtape documents different moments in my life. With each one, I've grown and been able to share what i've been through with the world.  

What music are you playing on your iPod right now?

Drake, Jeezy, Ben Harper, HarborLights, & myself. 

Who is your top 5 freshman list for 2012 in hip hop?

I can't remember who made it last year so forgive me if you're no longer a freshman but i'll say: Kendrick Lamar, Asap Rocky, Chip Tha Ripper, Machine Gun Kelly, & Reek Da Villian.

What are you currently working on?

We're working on my next single and mapping out where we want to go with it. I have a great team around me and great artists to help me bring the vision to fruition. 

You have the song No Pain currently on iTunes. You also note that all sales will be donated to charity. What is the meaning for this and which charity are you dealing with?

No Pain came to life when I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year. While on my hospital bed I learned a lot about others who are suffering and don't have a voice. I decided to reach out to the National MS Society and see how I could inspire others. Surprisingly, a lot of people around me didn't know what MS was so I felt it'd only be right to raise awareness for the disease and what the organization is doing to help. We put the record on iTunes and gave and are still giving 100% of sales to the society. 

Your a role model to someone out there. What piece of advice could you give to that person?

I'd tell them to have faith in God and everything else will work itself out. 



We appreciate your music and hope you continue to succeed in your bright future. See you at the top.


0 comments:

Post a Comment