Oct 3, 2011

Best3 of Boston Hip-Hop #nextinshow and Boston's 3 Best - J.C.I.T.Y (Just Couldn't Imagine This Yet)

"dislike for mediocrity is what makes him superior to other MC’s"


If talent was converted into currency, J.C.I.T.Y would be Bill Gates bank account. Referring to J.C.I.T.Y as a rapper is most certainly an understatement. He is a "well rounded MC" born into a class of his own. His style cannot be confined into one category. J.C.I.T.Y’s latest albums “From the Bottom to the Top”, “Back to the Future”, & “Sky Writing” are tangible proof of such. Between the albums J.C.I.T.Y provides 56 tracks of quality music which is very versatile and consistent. It is rare you come across an artist like J.C.I.T.Y who possesses what many like to call, the “No skip” factor. J.C.I.T.Y is known for his ill lyrics, witty punch-lines, great song making ability and honesty. Aside from having the pleasure to listen to good music you also get to know him personally through his songs. He writes songs about topics touching on his life, what goes on in the hood, current events, relationships etc. At the same time he can easily turn around and write a hit song for the clubs or just lyrically annihilate any opposing rapper just for the fun of it. 

J.C.I.T.Y in "Pretty ass People" clothing photo-shoot

Unlike many others, the pure passion for Hip Hop and the talent for making quality music is what forced the evolution from Jason Simon to J.C.I.T.Y. He simply has a niche for knowing what the people want to hear, and he is able to deliver without compromising who he is. A combination of that and his dislike for mediocrity is what makes him superior to other MC’s. J.C.I.T.Y has been through many different situations from being shot, to attaining a college degree. His many experiences from both sides of the track allow his songs to have various subject matter. J.C.I.T.Y has seen and experienced life in several cities, but proudly represents the streets of Boston, MA where he was born and raised. Many people proclaim J.C.I.T.Y to be “Boston’s Hip Hop King”, though he would be proud to wear the crown, this nowhere near satisfies him. He plans and is in the process of displaying his undeniable talent to the World. He is arguably Hip Hop’s #nextinshow


J.C.I.T.Y has released 5 albums since 2006

J.C.I.T.Y - Just Couldn't Imagine This Yet - 2006

WHO’S BETTER? - 2007

From the Bottom to the Top2008

Back to the Future2009

Sky Writing - 2011

J.C.I.T.Y has opened up for Jay Electronica and has performed at over 13 different venues including Boston's own The House Of Blues. 13 is also the number of singles J.C.I.T.Y has had played on 8 radio stations including smash singles "Chicks in the living", "We Fly" and "Cherry on Top".


J.C.I.T.Y on

0 comments:

Post a Comment