Oct 9, 2011

A CONCERT style experience via your #YouTube and #Vimeo with "Chill"

This just in folks. I have located the secret lair of coolness and in there a link, a link to Chill. That's right a link to Chill, literally and figuratively. I assume you may still be a tad confused so please, let me elaborate. 

Today while searching through perks on Klout I was presented with an opportunity to join Chill. What the site enables the user to do is literally take the stage in a customized or pre-made room where others via an avatar are there to Chill and listen to great tunes. However, this is not for the music man and the music man alone. They have categorized the rooms as well as giving the ability to do so in one's personal creation of a room. I like to think of these rooms as mini concert halls because there's a stage and your avatar is the one on the stage if you are the VJ. You see they enable each room to have 5 VJs who all rotate to the head VJ and that's when their video of choice is played; and if attendees don't like the video they can "Dislike" the video to decrease it's popularity until it's skipped. You would need half the place to vote, each room I have been in usually has about 80 people. I expect usual numbers like this to grow for the sum of the standard rooms they have.


There are options to search and play videos from YouTubeVimeo, Justin.TVUstream, TwitchTv and YouTubeLive including from one's own channel with a promise to add more services. Well hey, they got the two front runners already in their pocket they can't go wrong from here. To tell the truth the idea is so simple yet so creative and imaginative. The stage, the floor area, the ease and quickness of the video search bar to the customization of avatars. I really feel like I'm at a virtual concert, so why not create your own room and call it your concert. Play your videos from your channel to promote your band, free concerts I say. If you are infatuated with cartoons and want to watch and share with other then go ahead and Chill. I love this idea i can't stress that enough. Please don't forget that you can chat and be interactive during the videos. If you like someone's style you can friend them and be notified when that person is on set again. There are points to be made that let you customize your avatar and eventually will be used I can imagine for prizes, contests, gear etc.


There's one question I have though. YouTube is a search tool for the site. Google own's YouTube and has also coined the "Hang-Out" as the next big wave of social networking and "hanging out" is basically what you do on Chill, just without the VJ capability. So with Chill doing their thing now, I can only imagine Google+ adding the video stream from YouTube capability to the "hang-out". Also the ability to create public hang-outs and with Google+ having it's current millions of users I see the problem of user loyalty being a big concern for Chill. Of course they have probably thought of this already, I'm just the average Joe like everyone reading this with my thoughts. I will say this, Chill has my loyalty as I am loyal to Facebook and not Google+. I think Chill should partner with Facebook, it could be done. The two top founders of Chill do know how to do business and make money. I won't explain how just go Chill and read about "the team".

Enjoy your experience...



0 comments:

Post a Comment